Product Review: Rimmel ‘Wake Me Up’ Concealer


One of the most popular drugstore concealers would have to be the ‘Wake Me Up’ concealer by Rimmel- this product is known to have high coverage, whilst being light in consistency. I’d thought it would be interesting to see what the most talked about drugstore concealer is really like… Before even purchasing it, however, I already had high hopes due to its positive reception. I personally love Rimmel London as a cosmetic brand, particularly for lip and eye products, but haven’t actually previously bought a concealer. The company has formed an incredibly favourable reputation overall through containing values such as being cruelty- free with no animal testing taking place within the process of creating their products, making products affordable and finally simply having many great manufactured items; this concealer will hopefully follow this at £5.49!



The ‘Wake Me Up’ concealer is contained in a tube as packaging, using a common plastic doe- foot applicator. As this product comes in a liquid form, I feel that this was definitely a great choice, as it promotes easy use. The fact that the thin tube also contains the feature of the applicator being screwed on is another aspect I like- this is an easy way to access the product, but prevents leakage which may occur with other types of packaging. As for the appearance, the enhancement of a positive, friendly mood is enhanced by the colour orange, whilst harmonising joyously with the tan shade of product; the two combine to create a warm- looking product overall! To decrease from the heat, it is perhaps noticeable that a silver text has been used all over the tube, which I think balances the mood perfectly. On the back of the packaging, the description reads: “Full coverage concealer that visibly reawakens and illuminates under the eyes. Completely conceals spots and other blemishes. With peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising Complex”. The light reflecting particles should make the eyes appear brighter, creating a pretty glow!



As for the actual product, I have found that the concealer is smooth in consistency and is very lightweight; although these features of the product perhaps decrease from its opacity level (which is useful for correcting the more intense and darker colours on the face, like under eye circles, for example), this would in fact help in its claim to enhance the illumination of the eyes specifically, so it really does ‘wake you up’! This positive texture, as shown above, also adds to the swiftness of the application process, meaning its blends easily, but doesn’t move from its position once it’s set on to the face. For this reason, I find that applying the concealer to other places on the face other than under the eyes, like to cover blemishes, for example, works well too. In fact, I find that blending with the use of fingers is simple and easy. I also use the shade ‘True Ivory’, as I have quite a pale complexion, but there are three other shades available. On the other hand, as a negative point, I have found that it unfortunately may be a little drying on the skin. Personally, the majority of my face is quite dry already, so it can sometimes appear a little flaky- to solve this issue, I just use a little moisturiser before use.

Overall, I definitely feel that this concealer does create a more ‘awake’ appearance, as it claimed. The uniqueness is clear, as it does this so beautifully and lasts a relatively long time, especially when powder is used to set it into place. An extra bonus that I love would be that peptides are used within the formula- by involving these chemicals in the make- up, the skin that the product is applied to should be benefitted by acting as moisture- binding molecules, so even after the product has been removed, these extra agents will help to keep the skin looking fresh and youthful! Despite the composition also containing a ‘Vitamin Moisturising Complex’, I don’t personally find the effects of moisturising chemicals to be very large, but perhaps those with other skin types will. Due to the lack of opacity meaning that quite a lot of product has to be used at once to create a full coverage, I think that it isn’t incredibly long- lasting, but is worth the price due to the great quality!

12 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, that's a shame! It is a really great product for a low price. I really love your blog by the way!

      Delete
  2. Great review and love the pictures!
    I've never really been a fan of this myself but maybe I should give it another chance :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It may not be a product for everyone, but I really like it!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I live the pics:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the photography on your blog too!

      Delete
  4. Nice review Nicole :)

    thebhardwajlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I really love your blog!

      Delete
  5. Love the review! This is one of my top drugstore concealers next to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I think you would really like it! ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't tried that one, I'll definitely check it out. Your blog is so stunning by the way!

      Delete
  6. Love your review! I've recently tagged you in the beauty tag, can't wait to see your answers! :) here is the post, for more info and the questions: http://littlemisspiggybeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/the-beauty-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your post and I will share mine soon- sorry this is so late! I have also changed my blog address from 'x-beautylicious-x.blogspot.co.uk' to 'nicolefergusonblog.blogspot.co.uk'.

      Delete